Date of birth: January 30, 2001
Height: 163 cm
Started skating: 2006
Club: Landvetter KK
Part of: the National Figure Skating Elite Team and Swedish Olympic Committee Challengers Effort
Trainer: Andrea Dohany, Aksana Jolkin
Choreographer: Salome Brunner, Andrea Dohany, and Albin Boudrée
Famliy: Mother Yulia, father Peter, younger sisters Nicole, Melina and Michelle
Pets: Two dogs. One poodle named Alice and one Dogue de Bordeaux named Fanny.
Other interests in sports (on tv): Swimming, tennis and gymnastics. Big soccer games.
Favourite colour: Red
Favourite food: Lasagna
Favourite drink: Coke
Favourite music: Pop
She is only 16 but can easily reel of triple-triple combinations in competitions. And her international results keep on improving, so this is definitely one to look out for. Anita is part of the SOK challengers effort aiming for the Olympics of 2018 and 2022.
This is what Anita says when we ask if she has any role models in figure skating:
– I like Yuzuru Hanyu (Japan) and Yu-Na Kim (South Korea). And I also like the young Russian girls.
What is the most fun part of figure skating?
– Getting to meet new friends and having something to aim for. Jumps are usually the most fun things to practise but steps and spins can be fun too.
Describe what you think about when you compete.
– I usually focus on remaining calm, avoiding stress and having fun on the ice.
What does your trainer give you a hard time about?
– It’s usually a lot about the steps, making deep curves, and making sure that I count the revolutions of my spins, as well as holding my positions right.
How would you describe yourself as a figure skater?
– My strength is probably my jumps, but I need to develop my steps and spins further. I’m also a very focused person, I don’t give up until I reach my goal.
You’re not very old but have already come a long way, when did you realize that you were an exceptionally good figure skater?
– It was when I made my first triple jumps and when I reached second place in the younger Novice category at the Swedish Championships.
How would your friends describe you as a person?
– They would say that I’m very goal oriented, kind and helpful.
What makes you laugh?
– All kinds of things. A lot of times it’s when I watch TV-shows. Or when people make jokes, that can really send me into a laughing fit.
What makes you angry?
– I tend to get angry when I don’t succeed. If I have tried several times and still don’t make it I get upset with myself. Or if I see someone bullying someone else, that makes me angry.
What TV-shows do you like?
– It’s a mix. I like the Swedish comedy series “Solsidan”, “Swedish Idol”, and the baking competition “Hela Sverige Bakar”. There’s usually some kind of competition involved.
If nothing was unhealthy, what would you eat more of?
– Cakes and fruit pies!
What do your classmates say about you spending so much time at practise?
– They think I’m doing well. Of course, they wouldn’t mind hanging out more but they say that they understand.
What would you have done with your spare time if you weren’t into figure skating?
– I played tennis before, so perhaps that. I also like baking, drawing and doing crafts.
Music for the 2017-2018 season
Short program: ”Carmen Fantaisie”, by David Garrett & Jonathan Quarmby, performed by David Garrett
Free skating: ”Papa, Can You Hear Me?”, by Michel Legrand, performed by Barbara Streisand
Best results in ISU competitions
Personal best: 150,31 (CS Minsk Arena Ice Star 2017)
Seasonal best: 150,31 (CS Minsk Arena Ice Star 2017)
Best results including international competitions, Swedish Championships and Elite League Finals
Personal best: 157,87 (Elitseriefinalen 2017 / Elite League Final 2017)
Seasonal best: 155,46 (Swedish Championships 2018)
Results in the Olympic Games and international championships
|World Junior Championships||32||-||13|
Results in ISU Challenger Series
|Minsk Arena Ice Star||-||8|
Results in ISU Junior Grand Prix
|Cup of Vienna||-||9||-||-|
|Cup of Austria||-||-||-||7|
Results in national competitions including championships and Elite League Finals
|Swedish Championships Junior||-||-||2||2||-||-|
|Swedish Championships Novice (Girls 14)||-||1||-||-||-||-|
|National Championships (Girls 12)||2||-||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Senior||-||-||-||-||2|
|Elite League Finals Junior||-||-||2||1||-|
|Elite League Finals Novice 15||-||2||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Novice 13||6||-||-||-||-|
Results in other international senior competitions
Results in other international junior competitions
|Gardena Spring Trophy||8||-|
|Leo Scheu Memorial||4||-|
|Tallinn Trophy (group II)||5||-|
|Coupe du Printemps||-||2|
Results in other international novice competitions
|Skate Malmö (Novice 13)||10||-||-|
|Hellmut Seibt Memorial||-||3||-|