Name: Isabelle Olsson
Born: April 15, 1993, in Karlskrona. Lives in Mörrum, Karlshamn.
Height: 159 cm
Started skating: 1996
Part of: the SKF Top Group/Senior National Team and SOK Top and Talent Program
Merits: 16th at EC 2014, and 24th in 2016. Four gold, two silver and three bronze in different international competitions, of which one was a bronze in the Nordics. One silver and three bronze medals in the Swedish Championships.
Club: Mörrums KK
Trainer: Susanne Olsson
Family: Mother Susanne, father Ulf, sister Angelica, twin brother Johannes.
Choreographer: Kim Zandvoort
Pets: the cat Sötis
Other interests in sports: Enjoys athletics. Watch soccer if the rest of the family is watching.
Favourite colour: White.
Favourite food: Daddys food. Tenderloin.
Favourite drink: Cola, that’s the best.
Favourite music: Calm music.
Isabelle Olsson has made a name for herself with her fast rotation, high jumps and solid skating. At the Swedish Elite Series Finals in 2017 she managed to beat all her top Swedish opponents.
How would you describe yourself as a person?
– I am positive, exuberant and have lots of energy. At the same time, I’m determined. In competitions I’m calm, but in practice I can be more emotional even though I’m focused.
When did you realize that you were an exceptionally good figure skater?
– When I was 16 years old and tried out for the national team and landed all my triple jumps. That’s when I realized that this is what I will be doing from now on.
What do you do to relax?
– I watch TV-shows lying in my bed. My favorites ones are “Grey’s Anatomy” and “The Big Bang Theory”. Or movies. Then almost anything works, from comedies to horror films.
Name a song that gets you going.
– That would have to be “Ramlar” or “Kom igen Lena”, by Swedish artist Håkan Hellström. And he’s even better live, I’ve seen him play three times. And even my sister who wasn’t convinced before, turned into a fan after seeing him live.
What does a perfect night off look like for you?
– That would be a night at home chilling with my family, and perhaps eating a nice dinner. Or an evening at my best friend’s place, messing with our Ipads and just talking.
If nothing were unhealthy, what would you eat more of?
– I love good food, in general. But I would probably eat a lot of desserts!
Who are your best friends?
– First and foremost it’s my sister Angelica, she is the best. And then I have my friends from high school. We’re a whole group of girls sticking together.
People share just about anything online, what do you click on?
– Clips with people who screw up. Or cats, I love cats.
How much do you engage in social media?
– Quite a lot. Mainly Instagram and Twitter. I don’t spend as much time on Facebook anymore.
What are your Youtube- favorites?
– It’s mostly bloopers from the TV-shows “Friends” and “The Big Bang Theory”.
What do you see yourself doing in ten years?
– I want to be a chef, it’s been my dream for a long time. But that’s hard to study here in Mörrum. But in ten years I’ll probably have a career outside of figure skating and hopefully I’ll have kids.
How would you describe your ties to Mörrum?
– It’s home, I love the house and the rink but it is a small village. I don’t feel like staying here for the rest of my life, I want to see the world. I don’t know if I’ll come back here later in life, we’ll see.
Do you want to be a figure skating trainer?
– I already double as a trainer when I’m needed. It’s fun but I don’t think I want to do that full time, like my mom does.
What does your mother mean to you?
– She affects me very much, she’s not only my coach but also my mom. It’s emotional. We have really grown close. People ask how we manage to spend so much time together but we really get along well. I think it was harder when I was younger.
How do you stay motivated to keep practicing?
– I have a very strong will. I want to be the best and I will simply just make sure that I’ll get there. When I land a perfect jump I think to myself that this is where I’m supposed to be.
Music for the 2017-2018 season
Best results in ISU competitions
Personal best: 164,27 (CS Denkova-Staviski Cup 2015)
Seasonal best: –
Best results including other international competitions, Swedish Championships and Elite League Finals
Personal best: 165,06 (Elite League Final 2017, Senior)
Seasonal best: –
Results in the Olympic Games and international championships
|World Junior Championships||24||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Results in ISU Grand Prix
Results in ISU Challenger Series
Resultat i ISU Junior Grand Prix
|JGP, Lake Placid||-||3||-||-|
|John Curry Memorial||-||-||6||-|
|Trofeo Walter Lombardi||-||-||-||9|
Results in national competitions including championships and Elite League Finals
|Swedish Championships Novice (Girls 14)||-||-||8||3|
|National Championships (Girls 12)||3||-||-||-|
|Swedish Championships Junior||2||1||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Senior||-||-||-||3||3||3||WD||3||1|
|Elite League Finals Junior||-||3||1||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Results in other international senior competitions
|Coupe du Printemps||-||5||4||-||-||-||-|
|Coupe Int. de Nice||-||2||8||3||-||-||-|
|Reykjavik Int’l Games||-||-||-||-||WD||-||-|
|Cup of Tyrol||-||-||-||-||-||3||-|
Results in other international junior competitions
|Coupe Int. De Nice||5||-||-|
Results in other international novice competitions