Date of birth: May 29, 1998
Place of birth: Stockholm
Home town: Enebyberg
Height: 161 cm
Started skating: 2003
Club: Enebybergs IF Konståkning
Coaches: Stéphane Lambiel, Robert Dierking, Anna Dierking
Choreographer: Stéphane Lambiel, Salome Brunner
Former coach: Sofia Rahme, Cecilia Willberg, C.Helgesson/R.Jensen
Summer training: 28 hours/week in Champéry (Switzerland)
Winter training: 20 hours/week in Champéry (Switzerland)
Member of: The Swedish Figure Skating Association’s Senior Team
Selected for the national team: November 2013
After finishing 13th twice in a row at the European Championships in 2016 and 2017, Matilda Algotsson has established herself as one of the top Swedish figure skating ladies. And she is hoping for more during the next season.
With forceful skating, high speed, and all the more steady triple jumps, Algotsson has convinced both referees and audiences that she is someone to be reckoned with.
When did you realize that you are an exceptionally good figure skater?
– I would say that it was when I started winning the national elite competitions that it understood. But somehow I have really always felt that I have a natural talent for figure skating.
Describe what you think about when you compete?
– I try to think of one thing at a time. It’s important because I sometimes get really nervous at competitions.
What do you do outside of figure skating?
– On weekdays it’s mainly school and homework. And on the weekends I chill out or spend time with my friends and family. I like watching movies with my sister, science fiction among other things. And Harry Potter!
How would you describe yourself as a person?
– I’m focused, disciplined and organized. But I tend to hold back a little bit in social situations.
From where do you know your best friends?
– Mainly from figure skating, but also from school. It’s a mix.
What are you like in the classroom?
– I’m not the most talkative, I like keeping to myself.
How much do you use social media?
– I mostly use Instagram, and mainly just to keep in touch.
People share all kinds of things on the Internet, what catches your attention?
– I like keeping track of what celebrities are up to, so I follow them on Twitter and see what’s written about them.
What do you want to do in the future?
– I haven’t really decided yet. Perhaps something in figure skating, but in that case I’d rather be a judge rather than a coach. It just feels more like me.
Music for the 2018/2019 season
Short program: ”Chalkboard” from “The Theory of Everything”, movie soundtrack by Jóhann Jóhannsson;
“Celesta Taboo Lament” from television serial “Taboo”, by Max Richter;
“Taboo Lament” from television serial “Taboo”, by Max Richter
Free skating: ”Fireflies”, by Craigie Dodds, performed by Leona Lewis
Best results in ISU competitions since 2018/2019
Personal best: 146.35 (Internationaux de France 2018)
Seasonal best: –
Best results in ISU competitions until 2017/2018
Personal best: 167.01 (CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017)
Best results including other international competitions, Swedish Championships and Elite League Finals
Personal best: 169.11 (Swedish Championships 2019)
Seasonal best: –
Results in the Olympic Games and international championships
|World Junior Championships||28||-||30||-||-|
Results in ISU Grand Prix
|Internationaux de France||12|
Results in ISU Challenger Series
Results in ISU Junior Grand Prix
|Nagoya TV Cup||20||-||-|
Results in national competitions including championships and Elite League Finals
|Swedish Championships Junior||-||-||-||1||1||-||-||-||-|
|Swedish Championships Novice (Girls 14)||-||-||5||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|National Championships (Girls 12)||6||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Senior||-||-||-||-||-||2||4||-|
|Elite League Finals Junior||-||-||-||1||1||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Novice 15||-||-||5||-||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Novice 13||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Results in other international senior competitions
|Volvo Open Cup||1||4||-||13|
|Minsk Arena Ice Star||-||-||-||7|
|Cup of Tyrol||-||-||-||-||15|
Results in other international junior competitions
|Hellmut Seibt Memorial||-||-||7|
|Coupe du Printemps||-||-||4|
|Gardena Spring Trophy||-||-||3|
Results in other international novice competitions
|Reykjavik Int. Games||3||-||-||-|