Date of birth: July 17, 2002
Club: Lerum KK
Height: 174 cm
Started skating: 2009
Family: Mother Elisabeth, father Stefan, two older brothers, Julian and Alexander
Coach: Girts Jekabsons
Choreographer: Susanne Seger and Radek Horak
TV Favorites: Like movies, including Star Wars and Schindler’s List
Favorite color: Navy
Favorite food: Pasta Carbonara
Favorite drink: Sprite
Favorite music: Pop
Oliver Praetorius joined the Junior Country team in the fall of 2017 after several successful performances, including Elitserien. During the youth of SM 2016-2017 he punched the bronze medal.
How did you feel like joining the junior team?
– I was thrilled. It’s something I’ve been fighting for very much, and that raised my confidence enormously.
Why do you like to go skiing?
– Because there is always something to work out. And when you’ve been training for a long time, it’s fun to handle that thing.
Why did you start the sport?
“It was my mother who sat in a skateboard. Both her and my grandmother have gone, my grandmother has even competed with SM.
What do you think your strong pages in artwork are?
– That’s the jump. I need to train more on steps, piruettes and the ride. It’s been so because I’ve always thought it was fun to jump. But now I have begun to work on the other as well.
What qualities should a good figure skater have?
– Goal awareness. And you must not give up, even though training and competition are bad. You have to believe in yourself.
What figure skier do you look up to?
– Jevgeni Plusjenko from Russia and Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan.
What is your coach usually talking about?
– That I will keep my landings in the jumps and that I will stretch myself when I go.
What would you do if you did not go skiing?
“Then I would probably have been doing athletics. I’ve always thought it’s fun with running, long jump and high jump.
What are you thinking about when you compete?
“I try to think of positive thoughts. That I should not be nervous. Especially if I’m going to last group and have to wait, then I want to keep calm and usually think that’s going well.
How would your friends describe you?
– Funny and kind. And targeted!
How are you in the classroom?
“I’m probably pretty quiet.
What are your favorite subjects?
– I like geography and languages, I’m reading French. The SO topics are at least my favorite subjects.
What is your goal with your figure skating?
– To get to the Grand Prix and the major championships, Euro, World Cup and Olympic Games.
What are you going to do to get there?
– Work hard, and do not give up. Focus on the exercises and believe in myself.
Music for the 2018/2019 season
Short program: “Diga Diga Doo”, by Jimmy McHugh, performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Free skating: “Cry Me a River”, by Arthur Hamilton, performed by Michael Bublé
Best results in ISU competitions since 2018/2019
Personal best: –
Seasonal best: –
Best results including other international competitions, Swedish Championships and Elite League Finals
Personal best: 148.56 (The Nordics 2019, Junior)
Seasonal best: 148.56 (The Nordics 2019, Junior)
Results in national competitions including championships and Elite League Finals
|Swedish Championships Junior||-||-||-||4|
|Swedish Championships Novice (Boys 15)||4||3||2||-|
|Elite League Finals Junior||-||-||-||3|
|Elite League Finals Novice||4||-||2||-|
Results in other international junior competitions
|Egna Spring Trophy||-||2|
Results in other international novice competitions
|Cup of Tyrol||-||-||3|