Born: February 11th 2004
Club: Trelleborgs KK
Height: 161 cm
Started skating: At the age of four
Family: Mother Pia, father Sameh, younger sister Nora
Coach: Anna Yatsemyrska
Choreografer: Moa Lindgren
Pet: Milda the dog and Puma the cat
Favorite TV show: Arrow and Gold Rush
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Schnitzel
Favorite beverage: Coca Cola
Favorite music: Post Malone and Avicii
Sharp triple jumps and a lot of charm on the ice led Jonathan Egyptson to a bronze medal in the youth class at the open Nordic Championships (The Nordics) in 2018. He is now hoping for more prominent placements in the future.
Why did you start figure skating?
– My mom wanted me to learn how to skate. I joined the ice skating school and continued.
Why do you like to skate?
– It’s a fantastic feeling. You can be on the ice and feel that you can do a lot of stuff. And it’s a great feeling when you manage jumps.
In your opinion, what are your best qualities within figure skating?
– I’m pretty good at everything. I usually skate well to the music.
What do you need to improve?
– The pirouettes and the jumps. In the pirouettes I want to spin faster and do nice positions. I also want to learn new more complicated jumps.
Who are your figure skating role models?
– Javier Fernandez is really good. He’s good at everything.
What do you think about when you’re competing?
– I usually just let my body do what I know it can do.
And what do you think about after a competition?
– Sometimes I get annoyed by the things i didn’t manage, but I also think about what I did well.
How would your friends describe you?
– I’d say they mostly say that I’m nice and caring.
What do you like to do on your spare time?
– I like playing games on my phone. I also enjoy a lot of other sports, like soccer, basketball and table tennis.
What are you like in the class room?
– I can be a bit chatty sometimes. But I always get everything done. So I can concentrate even if I speak a lot.
What are your goals with figure skating?
– To become as good as I can be. Eventually, of course, I want to be in the championships.
How are you going to get there?
-Practice, practice, practice. Fight with everything I’ve got, basically doing everything I can to make it work.
Music for the 2021/2022 season
Short program: ”Wish You Were Here”, by David Gilmour & Roger Waters, performed by Pink Floyd
Free skating: Soundtrack from movie “Joker”, by Hildur Gu∂nadóttir
Best results in ISU competitions since 2018/2019
Personal best: 148.95 (JGP Courchevel 2021)
Seasonal best: 148.95 (JGP Courchevel 2021)
Best results including other international competitions and Swedish Championships
Personal best: 154.74 (Swedish Championships 2022, Junior)
Seasonal best: 154.74 (Swedish Championships 2022, Junior)
Results in ISU Junior Grand Prix
Results in national competitions including championships and Elite League Finals
|Swedish Championships Junior||-||-||-||5||3||-||2|
|Swedish Championships Novice (Boys 15)||6||5||4||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Junior||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Elite League Finals Novice||5||4||3||-||-||-|
Results in other international junior competitions
|Inge Solar Memorial - Alpen Trophy||9||-||-||-|
Results in other international novice competitions
|Leo Scheu Memorial||3||-||-||1|